Wondering whether Pine-Sol® is safe around your loved ones or okay to use on specific things in your house? Find the answers to your product safety questions below.
- Is it safe to use Pine-Sol® cleaners around pets?
- Yes, all Pine-Sol® products are recommended for use in pet areas. Read reviews, including some from other pet owners, here. Please note that we do not recommend using Pine-Sol® products as a pet shampoo.
- Is the scent of Pine-Sol® cleaners harmful to babies or pregnant women?
- All of our products are designed to be safe and meet federal safety regulations when label instructions and cautionary text are followed. As a general rule, you should keep all cleaning products out of reach of children.
- Can you mix Pine-Sol® with other products (like glass cleaners, bleach, etc.)?
- We do not recommend mixing any Pine-Sol® product with other cleaning products or chemicals. Mixing cleaners can result in the release of hazardous gases.
- Are Pine Sol® cleaners septic safe?
- Yes! Following the recommended use of any Pine-Sol® product will not harm your septic system.
- Is Pine-Sol® safe to use on hardwood floors or on wood?
- Yes! Pine-Sol® is safe to use on wood floors, though it is not recommended for use on unfinished, unsealed, unpainted, waxed, oiled or worn wood.
- Is Pine-Sol® safe to use on dishes?
- We do not recommend using Pine-Sol® on dishes. It is not approved by the EPA to be used on food-contact surfaces.
- Is Pine-Sol® safe to use on painted surfaces?
- We recommend testing a small inconspicuous area before using a Pine-Sol® cleaner on any painted surface.
- Is it safe to use Pine-Sol® to wash a car?
- We do not recommend using Pine-Sol® to wash a car, as it could damage the car's finish.
- Is it safe to use Pine-Sol® on other surfaces?
- Yes! Pine-Sol® is safe to use all around your home, from your playroom and dining room to your bathroom and kitchen. A list of surfaces that Pine-Sol® cleans is here and how to's are here.